Some special things I can enjoy only in these warmer months in the Northern Hemisphere–things like–
- chimney swifts’ aerial acrobatics as they soar and dive (they remind me of the aerial maneuvers in the Tom Cruise movie Top Gun)
- the peony bush blooming (already that’s done!)
- longer daylight
- watching the stars come out–looking for summer constellations–and getting excited when I see one
- the varieties of blooming flowers and trees
- wild daisies in the yard
- wild roses
- fireflies (aka “lightning bugs” around here) Their lights liven up the night and provide fun for children as the kids chase them.
- lilies-of-the-valley (they are done blooming too, already)
- daylilies–ours are the wild variety; they have vibrant orange flowers.
How about you? Any special things in nature you enjoy in the warmer months?
For info. about chimney swifts, check out: https: http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Chimney_Swift
For peony bushes: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/peony
For lilies-of-the-valley: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulb/lily-of-the-valley
For identifying summer constellations: http://www.seasky.org/constellations/constellations.html